CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

GIVE THANKS - THANKS GIVING



Same thing really, Thanksgiving and giving thanks.....funny thing happened to me this Sunday in church. After communion, during my "personal time of reflection", I just got so overwhelmed with emotion by the reaction to this blog and the message and my mind started racing of all the good things that can be done with this and all of the organizations we can get involved in and tell other people about and how many people we can help and I just felt so GRACIOUS and GRATEFUL for all that I have. I am not struggling every week to put food on my table. I'm not depressed about not having anywhere to go for Thanksgiving. I have a house. I have clothes. I have an amazing beautiful family that provides me with so much love and warmth and encouragement. These are all things that most of you and I take for granted. It's the little things in the life that can really become such huge hurdles for other folks in other situations that do not have the means or support around them to even function.

So as you start to prepare for Thanksgiving, GIVE THANKS for all that you have. Do something kind for someone that doesn't have. Consider volunteering at a local soup kitchen or food mission or homeless shelter. Bet it will make you feel good! :)

GIVE THANKS - THANKS GIVING

Peace and love to you!

0 comments: